Every Indian's dream is to own a home, and to make that dream a reality, a lot of hard work, research, and, last but not least, a large investment property are required. If you think buying a house is a good long-term investment, you should do a lot of math.
We can see that commercial rental property prices have reached new heights, particularly in major cities, and that people have opted to rent rather than buy. When deciding between renting and buying a home, the decision becomes extremely difficult.
In the Indian context, people place a higher value on purchasing a home than renting one. There are always two sides to a coin: pros and cons, especially after the post-pandemic era when our homes also served as our workplace. Working from Home has suddenly increased our attachment to the home, in contrast to previous eras when our homes were the place to rest after a long day of 12 to 14 hours of work.
Advantages of Owning a Home Over Renting One:
- Having a home provides a sense of security and pride.
- Rent is a monthly expense, whereas paying EMI provides you with the security of owning your own home.
- Paying rent increases debt without creating any asset, whereas paying EMI creates a sense of ownership in having a house.
- Real estate investment is regarded as a secure investment with the potential for capital appreciation as well as tax advantages.
The Benefits of Renting vs. Owning a Home:
- Renting a home does not burden a person with large EMIs, repayments, or prepayments. Check out the best commercial property sale in ahmedabad
- Renting a house does not subject a person to various taxes, such as the house tax or any other legal taxes associated with property ownership.
- In a rental case, one has the impression that they have less liability.
- Renting can be done at one's leisure and close to one's workplace. They can afford to pay rent on a property near their workplace, but due to financial constraints, they may not be able to purchase it from a specific real estate investment trust.
The decision between renting and owning a property is a delicate one that can only be resolved after extensive research and analysis. The decision to buy or rent a property is influenced by a variety of factors, such as the property's location, type, neighborhood, the buyer's budget and financial situation, long-term investment plans, the person's short-term financial goals, and so on. We should strive to realize our dream of purchasing a home for ourselves, our families, and our children. But we must plan real estate properties; we must plan a property that fits our budgets and does not cause us stress rather than happiness. The joy of living in harmony with our family.
Also check out: Advantages and Disadvantages of a Buying a Resale Home